Tuesday 16 July 2013

First Post

So this is it...the first post. The first post on a blog kind of reminds me of the first words in a brand new notebook. I've always had a thing for notebooks. Then there's the challenge of what to write about... It seems like it should be significant. You don't want to waste your first post, you'll never get it back. 

I guess I'll start with the why. Why did I start this page? Why is I spend all that time working on a layout and trying to get it just right? I mean, I'm probably going to get bored of it soon and pick something else anyway. Ah, the curse of a web designer. This page was started because I need help. 

Soon my life is going to be forever changed. I'm about to embark on a journey that quite frankly scares me more then the first time I gave birth. I'm moving. 

Moving? Psssffft. Who cares? People move all the time. Even across the country like I'm planning. But I haven't. I've been living in the same city for 22 years. I was born 3 hours away. 

We were given an amazing deal on a brand new house that will get us ahead financially. I can't turn the deal down. Come November that means moving 12 hours away. That means pulling my oldest out of grade 1, my middle child out of preschool, and having far less people at my baby's first birthday. It means moving away from my dad and his 6 year old daughter, my oldest's best friend. It means leaving after finally making friends. 

So much new. So much different. So much...

So it's time to stop. 

Time to slow down, enjoy the children I am fighting so hard to stay home with, and embark on this new adventure. Together.

Baby Amelia and big brother Marcus

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

My Pins